History of the business: Colling-Wood Flooring was started by Merv Gardner in 1990. He is a special man with a heart for wood.
As a former builder with a love for wood he decided to create a business based on this passion. He began with an idea which led to the design and engineering of the tongue and groove machine used today to make straight boards up to 16' long. Many hours of thought and preparation have been put in this operation which produces custom flooring in Pine from 4" - 16" widths and Hardwoords from 4" - 8" widths.
We also make Trim. We can match trim from various places such as old farm houses. All that we need is a sample then we can have the knife made to make it.
Today Merv and his daugher Lisa run the business together. They are proud of the floors they manufacture and sell.
- All wood is Ontario grown logs cut on site
- All flooring is sold unfinished allowing you to select the finish
- All wood is down to 6% moisture content in our dry kilns
- No shrinking once floor is laid and finished
- Planed on boths sides, with relief cuts on back
- Tongue and grooved. Finish 13/16" thick
- Ability to match an exact thickness and width of an existing floor